I recently saw an Instagram account (totally forget which one!?) post cute little Christmas tree desserts and immediately thought “omg I could make these!” And so I did 🙂
Naturally I used my best brownies ever recipe because it’s the only brownie recipe I ever make. For the icing, I used Simple Mills cake frosting (not Paleo, but a nice clean ingredient list) with a few drops of natural green food coloring from Whole Foods. The “snow” and heart toppers are both from Michaels; not exactly healthy, but the amount is minimal so I don’t really worry about it.
Steps to Make Grain-Free Christmas Brownies
- Bake one batch of brownies in a square baking pan.
- Let the brownies cool for about an hour on parchment paper before cutting/icing.
- Cut them diagonally to make triangles.
- Mix green food coloring into one container of Simple Mills vanilla frosting and then put it into an icing bag and cut open the tip in whatever thickness you’d like (mind is pretty thick).
- Zigzag with your icing to make tree layers
- Sprinkle and top with whatever festive goodies you have lying around and you’re done!
…and if you’re a visual person like me…
- 2. 3. 4. 5.
Did you try them!? Were you able to get better triangles than me?! lol LMK!!!