According to Rory, I can bake a treat like a mofo, but when it comes to cooking dinner, not so much. So I’ll just stick with dessert, right?!
So last night I made these ridiculously easy almond butter balls… And today I ate four of them for lunch lol Oops! They’re insane. Seriously, SO good and SO simple!! Plus I don’t even feel guilty because it’s literally just some soy-free chocolate, almond butter, almond flour, vanilla and sea salt. When dessert is this healthy I’m totally cool with it ending up as meals 😉
The recipe is from Buzzfeed (thank you!!!), I just made some brand suggestions for the ingredients.
1/2 cup almond butter (I used Whole Foods)
1/2 cup almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup soy-free dark chocolate (Enjoy Life)
Coarse sea salt
1. Mix almond butter, almond flour and vanilla in a bowl
2. Roll into small balls and set on a tray covered in parchment paper (mine were about the size of ping pong balls, but I think next time I’ll try making them closer to marble-sized just to see the difference)
3. Cool butter balls for 20-30 minutes in the fridge
4. Melt dark chocolate in a pan on the stove (I don’t use a microwave)
5. Roll butter balls in the melted chocolate to coat them and place them back on the parchment paper
6. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt
7. Cool again in the fridge for about 20 minutes or until the chocolate is set… OR if you’re like me and can never wait to taste your masterpiece, put them in the freezer for 10 minutes to set the chocolate quicker
8. Enjoyyyyy!! I had mine with a cup of almond milk, but they’d be great with some hot chocolate on a brisk night